Wednesday, June 6, 2012

6-4-Sunday 6/3/12

Here's another small segment from my current WIP.  Now we meet Daniel, an Amish boy. This is part of confrontation between him and his father about attending school.

-----------------------------------------

"I would like to inform Mr. Sullivan at the carpenter shop I won't be working any more this year."

Noah Yoder cocked an eyebrow at his son but otherwise kept a basic stoic image. The silence loomed in the air and Daniel began to fidget.

"You want to attend high school; is that what I am hearing?"

"Yes, papa."  Daniel held his head up but did not stare into his father's eyes; instead he gazed at the books on the distant shelf. 

-----------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed it. To see more offerings by other authors, check out SixSunday.com -- just remember, some of the listed links might be very adult oriented material.

No comments:

Post a Comment