Sunday, May 20, 2012

6-4-Sunday 5/20/12

I really need to get my act (aka mind) together and remember to sign up each week for SixSunday.  So, here is my offering this week.  A new story in progress...

--------------------------------------------------------

The year was 1961 and the Board of Education for Benjamin Hart High School met to finalize things for the new school year. The late July heat hung in the air for the want of a breeze. Tempers flared to match the outside temperatures.

"I don't give a damn, I see no reason to have a n****r working with our kids."

John Teegarden banged the gavel down repeatedly to get the group to silence. "Elizabeth Tremussen has the floor, gentlemen."
--------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed it. To see other offerings, check out Six Sunday -- just remember, some of the listed links might be very adult oriented.

3 comments:

  1. Ho-boy, you are diving right into the heated deep end. Good on you for not pulling punches. Raw emotions on this page, expertly handled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, Bob! Revisiting the Sixties is great but I'm so glad they are over. I'll look forward to seeing where this is going.

    ReplyDelete